As you may know, there are several types of sharks that exist and that can e seen by divers all over the world, some of which include:
- Angel Shark; these look more like rays but are distinguished from other rays by their detached pectoral fins.These sharks hide by burying themselves in the sand and eat off of the bottom of the ocean.
- Basking shark: this, though lesser known, are the second largest type of shark in the world.
- Hammerhead; this typeof shark is dangerous as it is large and has a strong prey drive. These sharks are unique in appearance, with a head that closely resembles a hammer.
- Great white; most commonly known shark, with more human encounters and attacks than any other type. These sharks average 3000 lbs and are uniquely able to lift their head above water.
- Tiger shark; these types of sharks will eat almost anything, which makes them unique.
- Whale shark; these are the largest shark, but also the largest animal in the world. They can measure nearly 8m and weight up to 30 000 lbs, which is incredible and terrifying at the same time.